STELLAR Schools Agreement
A STELLAR School is a three-way partnership among the school and school board, STEM~Net
and Cable Atlantic. The following agreement outlines the responsibilities of all
three partners in the formation of a STELLAR School:
School Name _____________________________________________________________
School Address _________________________________________________________
Phone _______________________________ Fax ___________________________
School Principal _____________________ E-mail _________________________
School Board _________________________________________________________
Representative _______________________ E-mail _________________________
In becoming a STELLAR School, the school agrees to the following:
- To pay a one-time connection fee of $200.00 to Cable Atlantic and agrees to provide the
recommended compatible equipment necessary to connect to the Cable Atlantic Network.
- To provide a LAN within the school and to provide system supervision for this LAN. The
school also agrees that root privileges WILL NOT be given to students under any
- To assume all responsibility for student use of the system and for any mis-use of the
system by students. The school also agrees that accounts on this system will not be
provided to anyone outside the school.
- To provide a suitable and secure (locked) location for the server/router connection and
provide access to it for Cable Atlantic and STEM~Net staff during normal business hours.
Management of the router will be done by Cable Atlantic and STEM~Net.
- To ensure that this connection is not used to provide secondary level (back-door) dial-up
into the Cable Atlantic network.
- To notify Cable Atlantic of any commercial use of the connection and to pay a
negotiated monthly fee for this use.
- To ensure the effective use of this connection to the school. As part of this, the
school will carry out at least three projects in each of the four years, which make
effective use of the services available to it. These projects must be approved by the
STELLAR Schools Advisory Board. The projects for Year 1 are to be attached
to this agreement.
- That failure to continue to meet these requirements at any time during the four years may
result in discontinuation of the project for this school, on the recommendation of the
STELLAR Schools Advisory Board.
- The School Web site must promote and link to the Stellar School web site.
STEM~Net agrees to the following:
- To provide senior system-administration guidance for the STELLAR School.
- To provide STELLAR Schools system manager training for the school LAN manager.
- To provide project coordination for the projects required to be undertaken by the
- To provide online resources to assist the school in developing and carrying out these
Cable Atlantic agrees to the following:
- To provide the hook-up from the school to the Cable Atlantic high-speed data services
network at no additional connectivity charge.
- To provide STEM~Net connectivity for the school, at a speed of 4 Mbps for a period of
four years, at no cost to STEM~Net and to provide maintenance of this connection.
- To allow schools and boards to use the STELLAR Schools logo for non-commercial school
promotions and publications.
NOTE: Three Project Proposals must be attached.
___________________________ ______ __________________ ______
School Board Representative Date School Principal Date
___________________________ ______ _____________________________ ______
STEM~Net Representative Date Cable Atlantic Representative Date